Gators' Jenkins to miss bowl after breaking foot
Florida Gators linebacker Jelani Jenkins will miss the Gators' bowl game after undergoing surgery on Monday to repair a broken bone in his right foot.
The 6-foot, 237-pound redshirt junior suffered the injury during the second half of Florida's 37-26 victory over Florida State on Saturday.
UF coach Will Muschamp said the recovery period is four to six weeks and that Jenkins would be fine for spring practice.
Jenkins, who missed two games earlier this season because of a broken right thumb, has 29 tackles, two sacks, an interception and two quarterback hurries.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 37 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 41 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos