Gators' Jenkins to miss bowl after breaking foot
Florida Gators linebacker Jelani Jenkins will miss the Gators' bowl game after undergoing surgery on Monday to repair a broken bone in his right foot.
The 6-foot, 237-pound redshirt junior suffered the injury during the second half of Florida's 37-26 victory over Florida State on Saturday.
UF coach Will Muschamp said the recovery period is four to six weeks and that Jenkins would be fine for spring practice.
Jenkins, who missed two games earlier this season because of a broken right thumb, has 29 tackles, two sacks, an interception and two quarterback hurries.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 15 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos