Ga. Tech's Smith doubtful for ACC title game
Georgia Tech leading rusher Orwin Smith doubtful for ACC championship game.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Georgia Tech leading rusher Orwin Smith did not practice on Thursday because of a right ankle injury and is listed as doubtful for Saturday's Dr Pepper ACC championship game against Florida State, according to a school spokesman.
Smith has rushed for 673 yards and five touchdowns this season. He is averaging 9 yards per carry and also has 14 kickoff returns for 267 yards.
Smith injured his right ankle in a Nov. 17 win over Duke and missed last week's game against Georgia. On Monday, Smith said he expected to play.
The Yellow Jackets could turn to a running-back-by-committee approach should they need to replace him. The most likely candidates are B.J. Bostic, who started in Smith's place last week against Georgia, and Synjyn Days, who started the second half last week.
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 42 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos