Notre Dame, Navy at Redskins' home in 2014
Notre Dame will face Navy at the home stadium of the Washington Redskins in 2014.
Navy officials announced Thursday that the longtime rivalry will move to FedExField in Landover, Md., on Nov. 1, 2014. The teams last played there in 1998.
The Irish and Midshipmen meet in South Bend on odd years, and on even years the contest is Navy's home game -- customarily played at regional NFL venues. The two schools, which have played every year since 1926, met for the 86th time on Sept. 1 at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. Next year's game will take place on Nov. 2 in South Bend.
Navy's football series with Notre Dame, which is the longest continuous intersectional rivalry in college football, had been extended to 2026.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos