Notre Dame, Navy at Redskins' home in 2014
Notre Dame will face Navy at the home stadium of the Washington Redskins in 2014.
Navy officials announced Thursday that the longtime rivalry will move to FedExField in Landover, Md., on Nov. 1, 2014. The teams last played there in 1998.
The Irish and Midshipmen meet in South Bend on odd years, and on even years the contest is Navy's home game -- customarily played at regional NFL venues. The two schools, which have played every year since 1926, met for the 86th time on Sept. 1 at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. Next year's game will take place on Nov. 2 in South Bend.
Navy's football series with Notre Dame, which is the longest continuous intersectional rivalry in college football, had been extended to 2026.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos