Arkansas names Pittman offensive line coach
New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema says Tennessee offensive line coach Sam Pittman is joining the Razorbacks, where he will have the same job.FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- New Arkansas coach Bret Bielema says Tennessee offensive line coach Sam Pittman is joining the Razorbacks, where he will have the same job.
Bielema announced the hiring Thursday, a day after Tennessee's Jim Chaney came on board as offensive coordinator for Arkansas.
Bielema calls Pittman a "relentless" recruiter who's well-regarded as an offensive line coach. He says Pittman's experience with Chaney is a plus for the Razorbacks next season.
This season, the Volunteers led the Southeastern Conference and ranked fourth in the NCAA in fewest sacks allowed per game.
Pittman spent one year on the Tennessee staff following five seasons coaching the offensive line at North Carolina. He replaces Chris Klenakis, who came to Arkansas three years ago from Nevada.
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 12 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos