Gophers' Stoudermire sets NCAA kickoff record
Minnesota's Troy Stoudermire has broken the NCAA record for career kickoff return yards on the opening kickoff against Texas Tech in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.
HOUSTON -- Minnesota's Troy Stoudermire has broken the NCAA record for career kickoff return yards on the opening kickoff against Texas Tech in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.
Stoudermire returned the kickoff 26 yards to bring his career total to 3,530 yards. That surpassed the 3,517 yards Houston's Tyron Carrier amassed in a career that ended in 2011.
The senior had 1,083 return yards in 2008, and 1,057 yards in 2009. He added 789 yards as a junior and had 173 last season. He missed the final eight games last year with an injury and received a medical redshirt before returning this season. He had 402 return yards this season entering Friday's game.
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 47 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 43 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos