Nevada RB Jefferson skipping last year for NFL
Nevada running back Stefphon Jefferson has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft this spring.RENO, Nev. -- Nevada running back Stefphon Jefferson has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft this spring.
Jefferson set single-season Nevada records in carries (375), rushing yards, rushing touchdowns (24) and total scores (25). He ranked second nationally in both rushing yards per game (144.9) and points per game (11.5).
The junior from Visalia, Calif., said in a statement issued by the school late Sunday he will "always bleed silver and blue" but wants to try to take his career to the next level. He thanked the coaches and staff for all they have done to help make him successful.
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 9 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos