Nevada RB Jefferson skipping last year for NFL
Nevada running back Stefphon Jefferson has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft this spring.RENO, Nev. -- Nevada running back Stefphon Jefferson has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft this spring.
Jefferson set single-season Nevada records in carries (375), rushing yards, rushing touchdowns (24) and total scores (25). He ranked second nationally in both rushing yards per game (144.9) and points per game (11.5).
The junior from Visalia, Calif., said in a statement issued by the school late Sunday he will "always bleed silver and blue" but wants to try to take his career to the next level. He thanked the coaches and staff for all they have done to help make him successful.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos