Ex-Montana QB Johnson's rape trial to begin
The rape trial of a University of Montana quarterback is set to begin.HELENA, Mont. -- The rape trial of a University of Montana quarterback is set to begin.
Jury selection is expected Friday in the case against Jordan Johnson, who was charged in July.
The case has played out against a backdrop of NCAA and federal investigations of the school athletic department and the manner in which rape allegations are reported on campus, investigated by police, and prosecuted by the Missoula County Attorney's Office.
The situation has left some worried that the football program -- while successful on the field -- was out of control off it.
Johnson, in a motion to dismiss the case, said the alleged victim had flirted with him the night before at a party and consented to sex the next night, even asking if he had a condom.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos