Michigan's top tackler LB Ryan suffers torn ACL
Rising junior linebacker Jake Ryan, Michigan's leading tackler last season, suffered a torn ACL during Tuesday's practice and will be out indefinitely, according to a news release from the school.
"You always hate when anyone gets injured, and unfortunately we've dealt with our share of injuries in the last 12 months," coach Brady Hoke said in a statement released by the school. "We will support Jake to make sure he has everything he needs to get through this. I know he will attack his rehabilitation just like he does everything else and will be back when he's ready."
Ryan had 88 tackles last season, including 16 for loss (third in the Big Ten). He recorded 4.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
If Ryan is unable to return in the fall, rising sophomore Joe Bolden (16 tackles, four for loss) likely would step into his spot.
Michigan began spring practice on Saturday.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 41 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 23 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 31 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
33 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
31 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos