Source: Ex-Pitt back Shell can't transfer to ASU
Former Pitt running back Rushel Shell will not be allowed to transfer to Arizona State, where former Pitt coach Todd Graham is the head coach, according to a source
Shell requested a release from his scholarship to Arizona State, Arizona, Cal and UCLA. Shell also won't be allowed to transfer to Arizona because former Pitt staffers coach there as well.
Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns as a true freshman.
Shell, 6-foot-1, 215 pounds, is a native of Hopewell, Pa., who committed to Graham before he left for Arizona State after only one season. He also will not be allowed to transfer to an ACC school.
Shell was a four-star recruit as rated by ESPN and the No. 26 player overall. He possesses size, speed and power, and was recruited by many schools including Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 28 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos