Former USC receiver Ambles lands at Houston
Former USC Trojans receiver Markeith Ambles has landed with Houston Cougars and will have two years of eligibility remaining, the school announced Monday.Former USC receiver Markeith Ambles has landed with Houston and will have two years of eligibility remaining, the school announced Monday.
Ambles spent last season at Arizona Western College and will be eligible to play beginning this fall. He came to the Trojans as a highly touted four-star prospect in 2010, but off-the-field troubles marked the majority of his career in Los Angeles. He was ruled ineligible for the 2011 season and subsequently withdrew from school.
Ambles only had one reception for three yards in his USC career.
At Arizona Western last year, Ambles had 44 receptions for 757 yards and six touchdowns.
His addition to the Houston receiving corps bolsters a group that already had some returning talent. Three receivers with 40 or more catches last season are back, including Deontay Greenberry, who made the Conference USA All-Freshman team. Greenberry was also a four-star receiver out of high school.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos