Former USC receiver Ambles lands at Houston
Former USC Trojans receiver Markeith Ambles has landed with Houston Cougars and will have two years of eligibility remaining, the school announced Monday.Former USC receiver Markeith Ambles has landed with Houston and will have two years of eligibility remaining, the school announced Monday.
Ambles spent last season at Arizona Western College and will be eligible to play beginning this fall. He came to the Trojans as a highly touted four-star prospect in 2010, but off-the-field troubles marked the majority of his career in Los Angeles. He was ruled ineligible for the 2011 season and subsequently withdrew from school.
Ambles only had one reception for three yards in his USC career.
At Arizona Western last year, Ambles had 44 receptions for 757 yards and six touchdowns.
His addition to the Houston receiving corps bolsters a group that already had some returning talent. Three receivers with 40 or more catches last season are back, including Deontay Greenberry, who made the Conference USA All-Freshman team. Greenberry was also a four-star receiver out of high school.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos