Nebraska RB Heard to transfer to Kentucky
Former Nebraska running back Braylon Heard will transfer to Kentucky.
Heard chose Kentucky after also considering Pittsburgh. The 185-pound Heard rushed for 348 yards and averaged 6.7 yards per carry last season at Nebraska after rushing for 113 yards as a freshman.
"I feel it is the right spot because I feel like I fit in well at the university," Heard told ESPN.
Heard is a native of Youngstown, Ohio, and was a standout at Cardinal Mooney High School, which new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops attended.
"Kentucky will set up the run really well," Heard told ESPN. "They have good players on the outside, three good QBs, a great line and backs. And yes, can't beat being in the SEC."
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos