Nebraska RB Heard to transfer to Kentucky
Former Nebraska running back Braylon Heard will transfer to Kentucky.
Heard chose Kentucky after also considering Pittsburgh. The 185-pound Heard rushed for 348 yards and averaged 6.7 yards per carry last season at Nebraska after rushing for 113 yards as a freshman.
"I feel it is the right spot because I feel like I fit in well at the university," Heard told ESPN.
Heard is a native of Youngstown, Ohio, and was a standout at Cardinal Mooney High School, which new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops attended.
"Kentucky will set up the run really well," Heard told ESPN. "They have good players on the outside, three good QBs, a great line and backs. And yes, can't beat being in the SEC."
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 54 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 50 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos