Nebraska RB Heard to transfer to Kentucky
Former Nebraska running back Braylon Heard will transfer to Kentucky.
Heard chose Kentucky after also considering Pittsburgh. The 185-pound Heard rushed for 348 yards and averaged 6.7 yards per carry last season at Nebraska after rushing for 113 yards as a freshman.
"I feel it is the right spot because I feel like I fit in well at the university," Heard told ESPN.
Heard is a native of Youngstown, Ohio, and was a standout at Cardinal Mooney High School, which new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops attended.
"Kentucky will set up the run really well," Heard told ESPN. "They have good players on the outside, three good QBs, a great line and backs. And yes, can't beat being in the SEC."
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 28 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 38 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 25 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 24 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 41 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 15 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
41 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos