UConn releases new logo earlier than planned
The University of Connecticut has released its new Husky dog logo, about a week earlier than planned.
STORRS, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut has released its new Husky dog logo, about a week earlier than planned.
The school says the sleeker-looking dog will appear on all UConn athletic uniforms beginning in the fall.
The new logo comes out of a marketing partnership between the school's athletic department and Nike, which designed it at no cost to the school. It's part of a larger effort to replace disparate logos used by different Husky teams.
The school says athletes and coaches had input into the design.
The logo was supposed to be released at press event scheduled for April 18. But an image of it appeared on a website selling UConn merchandise and quickly made its way to UConn chat rooms and other Internet sites on Thursday.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 18 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment 59 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 26 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Breezy And Mild!
1 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
23 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
18 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos