Dates for Liberty, Hawaii bowls set for holidays
The Liberty Bowl will be played Dec. 31 and start at 4 p.m. EST.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Liberty Bowl will be played at 4 p.m. EST on Dec. 31.
Organizers announced the date and time of the Memphis-based bowl Thursday. The game, sponsored by AutoZone, has been played on the afternoon of New Year's Eve more than any other time in its 55-year year history.
The Liberty Bowl usually matches a team from Conference USA against a team from the Southeastern Conference.
The date for the Hawaii Bowl has also been set, and will be played on Christmas Eve for the ninth time.
Organizers announced Thursday that the game will be played at Aloha Stadium, with the kickoff set for 8 p.m. EST.
The Hawaii Bowl, sponsored by Sheraton, will match a team from the Mountain West against a team from Conference USA.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos