Bama's McCarron to drive Talladega pace car
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron will drive the pace car before NASCAR's Sprint Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway.TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron will drive the pace car before NASCAR's Sprint Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway.
McCarron will serve as honorary pace car driver Sunday, leading the field around the track before Sunday's Aaron's 499. He'll drive a special Ford Mustang GT.
McCarron has led the Crimson Tide to back-to-back national championships.
He says he's watched races at Talladega before and has "always had a passion to get up to speed on the track."
Michael Waltrip's No. 55 Aaron's Toyota will sport an Alabama national championship paint scheme. McCarron and the Tide players got a look at the car before their spring game.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ