Source: NC State also mulled by QB Bench
USF and Mississippi State are among the schools former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench is considering transferring to, according to a source close to the player.
Former Penn State quarterback Steven Bench is considering transferring to North Carolina State as well as the previously reported Mississippi State and South Florida, a source close to the player said Wednesday.
Bench, eligible to play this season, has three total years of eligibility plus a redshirt available after leaving Penn State this spring. He will visit USF and N.C. State next week, then Mississippi State the week after.
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Bench appeared in two games for the Nittany Lions last season, completing 2 of 8 passes.
Bench considered Mississippi State and also once decommitted from Rice after he graduated from Cairo High School in Georgia. According to his ESPN RecruitingNation scouting report, Bench has a quick, compact throwing motion and can throw on the run.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 24 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos