Ex-Buffs QB Hirschman to transfer to Akron
Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.Former Colorado quarterback Nick Hirschman said Thursday he will transfer to Akron, where he will be eligible to play this fall after receiving his degree.
Hirshman, 6-foot-4, 230 pounds, completed 59.1 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and seven interceptions last season. He has two years of eligibility remaining.
Hirschman, who earned a degree in sports communications in three years and was set to have his a graduation ceremony Thursday night, said he believes Terry Bowden is an excellent coach and he was impressed by Akron's facilities.
He surprised some by transferring despite finishing the spring as Colorado's co-starter alongside Connor Wood.
In four Colorado spring scrimmages, Hirschman was 32-of-52 passing for 433 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception with a passer rating of 178.9.
Hirschman's departure came on the heels of Colorado quarterback Jordan Webb tearing an anterior cruciate ligament.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 53 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos