Running back Richardson will leave Virginia
Virginia coach Mike London says junior running back Clifton Richardson has decided to transfer.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Virginia coach Mike London says junior running back Clifton Richardson has decided to transfer.
London says Richardson asked for permission to pursue opportunities elsewhere and he wishes him well. Richardson has two seasons of eligibility remaining.
The 6-foot, 210-pound Newport News, Va., native played sparingly as Virginia's No. 3 tailback the past two seasons. He carried just 24 times for 59 yards last season after being hampered by a leg injury in 2012. He rushed for 366 yards on 72 carries and two touchdowns as a freshman, a 5.1-yard average.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos