SEC hires Vincent as associate commissioner
The Southeastern Conference has hired LSU administrator Herb Vincent as associate commissioner for communications.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference has hired LSU administrator Herb Vincent as associate commissioner for communications.
The SEC announced Vincent's hiring on Friday. Currently LSU's associate vice chancellor for university relations and senior associate athletics director, he starts with the league in September.
SEC commissioner Mike Slive says Vincent "brings a wealth of experience as well as energy and passion for the SEC."
Vincent previously worked on the SEC staff from 1986-87 as assistant director of public relations. He has worked at LSU from 1998-2000 and again in various roles since 2002. In between, he worked as vice president for communications for the College Sports Southeast regional cable network.
He oversees communications, marketing and promotions for LSU, is the primary liaison with LSU Sports Properties and the department administrator for baseball.
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos