Goodell, Meyer to hold safety clinic at OSU
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer will host a safety clinic next month for about 600 mothers of youth football players.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer will host a safety clinic next month for about 600 mothers of youth football players.
The free event will be held Aug. 1 at the Buckeyes' Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
Participants will receive classroom instruction from health experts and on-field training from Ohio State coaches and former players.
The NFL has promoted several programs that work to improve safety in football at various levels. The league faces a federal lawsuit over concussion-related injuries by thousands of former players.
In an invitation to the OSU-NFL Moms Football Safety Clinic sent to female NFL fans in Ohio, Goodell says: "We want to give you a chance to see firsthand what we are doing to make youth football safer and better."
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos