QB Golson says he'll return to Irish in spring
Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson will return to the Fighting Irish in the spring, he said Saturday.
In May, the Irish suspended Golson for the 2013 season for "poor academic judgment."
"I will be returning in the spring, that's pretty much it," Golson told television station WPDE in Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he was attending a charity basketball tournament.
Golson started 11 games for the Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.
"I've been working out, keeping my head up," Golson said. "I've had a little adversity but I've learned you can't sit down and just take that, you got to pick yourself back up and keep going forward and continue doing what you were doing and everything is going to work itself out in the end."
He completed 187 of 318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions last season. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.
Tommy Rees will start for Notre Dame this season, coach Brian Kelly has said.
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos