Badgers QB McEvoy injured during mugging
Wisconsin quarterback Tanner McEvoy is back with the team after being mugged in Madison over the weekend.
MADISON, Wis. -- Wisconsin quarterback Tanner McEvoy is back with the team after being mugged in Madison over the weekend.
The Badgers say McEvoy suffered minor injuries and his wallet, watch and iPhone were stolen early Sunday. He resumed team activities Monday.
"First and foremost we are happy that Tanner is physically ok after this attack," coach Gary Andersen said. "It's terrible to get a call about something like this but we are grateful the injuries were not serious."
The Badgers say police believe the mugging was random and are investigating.
According to the police report, McEvoy was struck in the head and had to be treated for two head cuts. Witnesses said they saw two males and two females near McEvoy. All four fled.
The attack comes nearly a year after then-Badgers running back Montee Ball was attacked as Ball was walking home with three friends in Madison. Ball suffered a concussion and says he doesn't remember the attack. Four men were charged in that attack.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 37 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 19 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
29 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
27 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos