Mississippi QB Brunetti cited for misdemeanor
The Oxford police chief says Mississippi's backup quarterback Barry Brunetti was cited and charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in May.
OXFORD, Miss. -- The Oxford police chief says Mississippi's backup quarterback Barry Brunetti was cited and charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in May.
The Memphis (Tenn.) Commercial Appeal first reported the citation. Oxford police chief Joey East confirmed the incident to The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Former football player Randall Mackey was also involved and charged with misdemeanor simple assault after allegedly pushing a police officer, according to a police report cited by the Commercial Appeal.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze released a statement on Tuesday saying "We addressed this incident internally."
Brunetti, a senior, was the backup for Bo Wallace last season and is projected to have the same role this fall. He threw for 196 yards and a touchdown and also ran for three touchdowns last season.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 19 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 37 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos