Mississippi QB Brunetti cited for misdemeanor
The Oxford police chief says Mississippi's backup quarterback Barry Brunetti was cited and charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in May.
OXFORD, Miss. -- The Oxford police chief says Mississippi's backup quarterback Barry Brunetti was cited and charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in May.
The Memphis (Tenn.) Commercial Appeal first reported the citation. Oxford police chief Joey East confirmed the incident to The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Former football player Randall Mackey was also involved and charged with misdemeanor simple assault after allegedly pushing a police officer, according to a police report cited by the Commercial Appeal.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze released a statement on Tuesday saying "We addressed this incident internally."
Brunetti, a senior, was the backup for Bo Wallace last season and is projected to have the same role this fall. He threw for 196 yards and a touchdown and also ran for three touchdowns last season.
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 41 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 5 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 9 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
53 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
41 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos