Minnesota WR Crawford-Tufts opts for track
Minnesota wide receiver Devin Crawford-Tufts won't play for the football team this season, to focus on track and field instead.
The Gophers announced the news Monday.
In a statement from the university, coach Jerry Kill said he and Crawford-Tufts spoke several times in recent months about the decision. Kill wished the junior well and said the team "will be rooting for him."
Crawford-Tufts joined the track team in February. He finished fourth at the Big Ten championships in the 60-meter dash. He was also a Minnesota state champion in the 100 and 200-meter events at Edina High School.
Crawford-Tufts had 24 receptions and 345 yards over 21 games for the Gophers. He caught a touchdown pass against Texas Tech in the Meineke Car Care Bowl last season.
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 23 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 21 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 43 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos