Virginia Tech RB Caleb suspended vs. Alabama
Virginia Tech redshirt freshman running back Joel Caleb has been suspended for the Hokies' opener against Alabama.
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech redshirt freshman running back Joel Caleb has been suspended for the Hokies' opener against Alabama.
Caleb said before practice Tuesday that the one-game suspension is for a violation of a team rule, but did not provide any additional details.
The 6-foot-2, 203-pound Caleb, a former high school quarterback in Richmond who was recruited as a wide receiver, has switched to tailback for the Hokies. Virginia Tech is thin at the position after the arrest, and subsequent dismissal from the program, of last year's starter, Michael Holmes.
The Hokies play the two-time defending national champions on Aug. 31 in Atlanta.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos