USF WR Montgomery transfers to Iowa St.
Former South Florida wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery is transferring to Iowa State.
AMES, Iowa -- Former South Florida wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery is transferring to Iowa State.
The Cyclones announced Wednesday that Montgomery has signed a financial aid agreement with the university and will redshirt the upcoming season.
Montgomery, who caught six passes as a true freshman for the Bulls in 2012, has three seasons of eligibility left.
Montgomery is from Winter Park, Fla. He played in high school with Cyclones starting quarterback Sam Richardson and was a two-time all-state selection, with 21 touchdown receptions as a junior and a senior.
Montgomery says the chance to reunite with Richardson was a big reason why he chose to play at Iowa State.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 19 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 37 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos