E. Carolina declares 2 wide receivers ineligible
East Carolina receivers Justin Jones and Jabril Soloman have been declared ineligible.
Coach Ruffin McNeill made the announcement Wednesday.
Jones' career ends with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 touchdowns in 32 games. He made five starts as a junior in 2012.
Soloman led the team with an average of 24.1 yards per catch as a freshman last season and played in 12 games.
Team spokesman Tom McClellan would not specify why the two are ineligible, citing the school's student privacy regulations, but says the players are not enrolled in school."
McNeill says the school's support system has helped many Pirate athletes. But he adds that "we unfortunately reached a point where we are unable to help Justin and Jabril retain their eligibility."
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 11 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 45 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
20 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
54 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos