E. Carolina declares 2 wide receivers ineligible
East Carolina receivers Justin Jones and Jabril Soloman have been declared ineligible.
Coach Ruffin McNeill made the announcement Wednesday.
Jones' career ends with 52 receptions for 598 yards and 12 touchdowns in 32 games. He made five starts as a junior in 2012.
Soloman led the team with an average of 24.1 yards per catch as a freshman last season and played in 12 games.
Team spokesman Tom McClellan would not specify why the two are ineligible, citing the school's student privacy regulations, but says the players are not enrolled in school."
McNeill says the school's support system has helped many Pirate athletes. But he adds that "we unfortunately reached a point where we are unable to help Justin and Jabril retain their eligibility."
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos