Son of rocker Mellencamp still with Duke
Duke coach David Cutcliffe says walk-on Hud Mellencamp will continue to practice with the football team while he deals with felony battery charges in Indiana.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach David Cutcliffe says walk-on Hud Mellencamp will continue to practice with the football team while he deals with felony battery charges in Indiana.
Cutcliffe said Thursday the son of rocker John Mellencamp will remain active in practice and "we'll let the legal due process occur."
Hud Mellencamp, 19, is charged with punching and kicking a 19-year-old man last month.
Monroe County (Ind.) authorities say Mellencamp's younger brother, 18-year-old Speck Mellencamp, entered the porch of a man's home in Bloomington, Ind., and punched him in the face, believing that man had hit him earlier that evening.
Court documents say the brothers and another 19-year-old man "punched, kicked and stomped" the man who suffered facial injuries.
Hud Mellencamp surrendered for arrest earlier this week and was released on bond.
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 7 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 16 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 34 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos