Ex-UCLA QB Millweard will attend Kansas
Former UCLA quarterback T.J. Millweard is transferring to Kansas.
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Former UCLA quarterback T.J. Millweard is transferring to Kansas.
Millweard was recently granted a release from his scholarship by the Bruins and took an unofficial visit this week to Kansas. He committed to the Jayhawks on Thursday, and tweeted that he was "honored and thankful to be part of the Jayhawk family."
Millweard was the No. 23 pro-style quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class, according to Rivals.com. He chose UCLA over offers from Arkansas and Arizona and redshirted as a freshman.
He'll have to redshirt again and have three years of eligibility remaining.
Millweard, who spent part of his childhood in the Kansas City area, is the third high-profile QB to transfer to Kansas under coach Charlie Weis. Ex-Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist started last season, and BYU transfer Jake Heaps is expected to start this season.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos