Ex-UCLA QB Millweard will attend Kansas
Former UCLA quarterback T.J. Millweard is transferring to Kansas.
LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Former UCLA quarterback T.J. Millweard is transferring to Kansas.
Millweard was recently granted a release from his scholarship by the Bruins and took an unofficial visit this week to Kansas. He committed to the Jayhawks on Thursday, and tweeted that he was "honored and thankful to be part of the Jayhawk family."
Millweard was the No. 23 pro-style quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class, according to Rivals.com. He chose UCLA over offers from Arkansas and Arizona and redshirted as a freshman.
He'll have to redshirt again and have three years of eligibility remaining.
Millweard, who spent part of his childhood in the Kansas City area, is the third high-profile QB to transfer to Kansas under coach Charlie Weis. Ex-Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist started last season, and BYU transfer Jake Heaps is expected to start this season.
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 49 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy hospitalized after Mayfair near drowning 20 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 17 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos