Sophomore Rudock made Iowa starting QB
Iowa sophomore Jake Rudock will be the starting quarterback for the season opener against Northern Illinois on Aug. 31.
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa sophomore Jake Rudock will be the starting quarterback for the season opener against Northern Illinois on Aug. 31.
The announcement was made on Friday.
Rudock was the backup to James Vandenberg in 2012, though he never took a snap for the Hawkeyes.
Rudock, from Weston, Fla., played for St. Thomas Aquinas High -- winning 31 games and three state titles as the starter. He takes over a passing game that threw just seven TD tosses last season and ranked 104th nationally in yards.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos