Johnson, Ndulue to sit out Sooners' opener
Cortez Johnson and Chuka Ndulue will not play for Oklahoma against Louisiana-Monroe in Saturday's season opener, Sooners coach Bob Stoops confirmed during his Monday press conference.
NORMAN, Okla. -- Cortez Johnson and Chuka Ndulue will not play for Oklahoma against Louisiana-Monroe in Saturday's season opener, Sooners coach Bob Stoops confirmed during his Monday media conference.
Johnson, a junior, is listed as the Sooners' starting cornerback alongside All-Big 12 cornerback Aaron Colvin. A transfer from Arizona, Johnson was arrested in December on a complaint of possession of a controlled substance. With Johnson out, redshirt freshman Zack Sanchez is the probable starter opposite Colvin after a strong showing in OU's preseason camp.
Ndulue, a junior, is the lone returning starter along the defensive line for OU. He was arrested in June because of a complaint of driving under the influence. With Ndulue sidelined, the Sooners could turn to junior college transfer Quincy Russell to step in and start at defensive tackle. Redshirt freshman Jordan Wade is another potential option.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos