Virginia Tech RB Coleman out vs. Alabama
Virginia Tech running back J.C. Coleman will not play against No. 1 Alabama on Saturday.
Coleman, who sprained both his ankles in practice this week, did not travel to Atlanta with the Hokies. He had practiced with limited contact this week.
Coleman had been projected to start for Virginia Tech after Michael Holmes was dismissed from the school in July following a guilty plea on a misdemeanor assault and battery charge.
Redshirt freshman Trey Edmunds, the son of former Miami Dolphins tight end Ferrell Edmunds, is next on the depth chart at tailback for Virginia Tech.
Information from ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad was used in this report.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 53 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos