Bama QB McCarron wears boot, OK to play
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is wearing a walking boot but will play Saturday against Virginia Tech.
McCarron is wearing the boot because of an ingrown toenail, Alabama coach Nick Saban confirmed to ESPN's Chris Fowler.
McCarron practiced all week without incident.
"AJ practiced all week, will play tomorrow and [wearing the boot] is just a precautionary measure," an Alabama spokesperson told ESPN.
According to AL.com, Alabama players frequently use walking boots for minor injuries.
The No. 1 Crimson Tide take on Virginia Tech at 5:30 p.m. ET Saturday (ESPN) at the Georgia Dome.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos