Bama QB McCarron wears boot, OK to play
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron is wearing a walking boot but will play Saturday against Virginia Tech.
McCarron is wearing the boot because of an ingrown toenail, Alabama coach Nick Saban confirmed to ESPN's Chris Fowler.
McCarron practiced all week without incident.
"AJ practiced all week, will play tomorrow and [wearing the boot] is just a precautionary measure," an Alabama spokesperson told ESPN.
According to AL.com, Alabama players frequently use walking boots for minor injuries.
The No. 1 Crimson Tide take on Virginia Tech at 5:30 p.m. ET Saturday (ESPN) at the Georgia Dome.
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 3 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 43 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 28 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos