L'ville RB Lamb tears ACL, out for season
Louisville Cardinals running back Corvin Lamb will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, coach Charlie Strong said Tuesday.
Lamb, a redshirt sophomore, injured his knee late in Sunday's 49-7 victory against Ohio. He had 13 yards on four carries and returned a fourth-quarter kickoff for 20 yards.
Strong said the injury was "tough" for a player who had worked to become part of Louisville's five-man backfield rotation.
The coach also said that redshirt freshman tight end Hunter Bowles will have neck surgery Thursday but wasn't specific about his status.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 16 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 3 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 49 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos