LSU's Miles leaves RB Hill's status in limbo
The Associated Press
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles has refused to say if running back Jeremy Hill, who was suspended for the Tigers' opener after an offseason arrest for throwing a punch outside a bar, will return for Saturday night's home opener against UAB.
But the unexpected emergence of Terrence Magee has made it clear that LSU's running game can be productive even if Hill, the Tigers' leading rusher in 2012, is benched several games.
Magee, who entered LSU's opener as the third-string back behind Alfred Blue and Kenny Hilliard, wound up rushing for a team-high 95 yards and two touchdowns in the No. 9 Tigers' 37-27 victory against TCU.
What remains to be seen is how his playing time sorts out once Hill gets back on the field.
"I am fortunate because I have an opportunity to play now," Magee said. "It felt good to be out there. I hadn't played a full game in two years. I was just thankful for the opportunity. No matter when you get in there, you have to make every snap count."
Blue, who was coming back from torn knee ligaments that sidelined him most of last season, picked up a hard-earned 89 yards rushing. Hilliard wound up carrying only four times for 8 yards.
The surprise was Magee, who had rushed for a total of 133 yards while bouncing back and forth between the roles of reserve running back and receiver since arriving at LSU in 2011.
"Terrence Magee is a talented guy," Miles said. "Given the opportunity, he'll make that kind of contribution throughout the year."
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 26 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 12 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 2 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 17 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
12 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos