Colorado QB Webb gets two years' probation
University of Colorado backup quarterback Jordan Webb was sentenced on Friday to two years of probation for a May fight that left an Air Force Academy cadet unconscious.BOULDER, Colo. -- University of Colorado backup quarterback Jordan Webb was sentenced on Friday to two years of probation for a May fight that left an Air Force Academy cadet unconscious.
The 22-year-old also was ordered to perform 80 hours of community service and get alcohol treatment, The Daily Camera (http://bit.ly/1ap3rZd) reported.
He pleaded guilty to third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, last week in exchange for prosecutors dropping felony assault charges.
Former Colorado offensive lineman Alex Lewis, who has transferred to Nebraska, still faces a second-degree assault charge, a felony, in the case. He hasn't entered a plea yet.
Witnesses told police that Lewis pushed Lee Bussey's head into a brick wall and that both Webb and Lewis pushed the cadet to the ground and punched him. Prosecutor Bruce Langer said Webb was given a plea deal because authorities believe Webb played a lesser role.
Webb told Judge Patrick Butler that he shoved Bussey but said he was only trying to break up the fight.
"My role was minimal at best, but I take full responsibility and I shouldn't have put myself in that type of situation," Webb said. "I'm not a violent person and I never have been."
Butler told Webb he was "involved enough" and said he was fortunate that prosecutors offered him the chance to plead guilty to a misdemeanor.
Lewis is scheduled for an arraignment on Sept. 20.
Information from: Daily Camera, http://www.dailycamera.com/
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 14 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 2 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 16 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos