Duke loses QB Boone (collarbone) indefinitely
Duke starting quarterback Anthony Boone is out indefinitely with a broken collarbone sustained in a 28-14 win against Memphis on Saturday.
Coach David Cutcliffe said Sunday that Boone does not need surgery to repair the broken bone but has no timetable for his return. Boone, who made his second career start against the Tigers, got hurt in the second quarter.
Backup Brandon Connette came into the game and led the Blue Devils to the victory with back-to-back touchdown drives in the fourth quarter.
Connette will start until Boone returns.
"We're going to run our offense," Cutcliffe said. "We're going to run it and throw it and have the balance that we were hoping to have coming into this season. We've got to continue to prove that we're a more balanced team, that we can run and throw the football."
Freshman Parker Boehme will be Connette's backup.
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 12 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 31 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 54 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos