Coach writes get-well note to rivals' QB
Montana and Montana State have a heated rivalry on the football field, but that discord goes away when a player is injured.
Montana State senior quarterback Denarius McGhee suffered a separated shoulder in his team's 31-30 loss at SMU on Sept. 7.
Not long after, he received a handwritten note from Montana coach Mick Delaney saying the team felt badly about his injury and wishing him luck in rehabilitating it.
The MSU football program Tweeted a picture of McGee and the letter on Thursday, thanking Delaney and the Grizzlies and calling the letter a "classy move by a respected rival."
MSU officials have said McGhee will be out until sometime in October.
The 113th meeting of the Montana and Montana State football teams is set for Nov. 23 in Bozeman.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos