Coach writes get-well note to rivals' QB
Montana and Montana State have a heated rivalry on the football field, but that discord goes away when a player is injured.
Montana State senior quarterback Denarius McGhee suffered a separated shoulder in his team's 31-30 loss at SMU on Sept. 7.
Not long after, he received a handwritten note from Montana coach Mick Delaney saying the team felt badly about his injury and wishing him luck in rehabilitating it.
The MSU football program Tweeted a picture of McGee and the letter on Thursday, thanking Delaney and the Grizzlies and calling the letter a "classy move by a respected rival."
MSU officials have said McGhee will be out until sometime in October.
The 113th meeting of the Montana and Montana State football teams is set for Nov. 23 in Bozeman.
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 47 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 51 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 49 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 45 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 3 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos