Stanford safety to sit out half for targeting
Stanford senior Ed Reynolds will sit out the first half of the fifth-ranked Cardinal's game against Washington State on Saturday for targeting.
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford senior safety Ed Reynolds will sit out the first half of the fifth-ranked Cardinal's game against Washington State on Saturday for targeting.
Reynolds was ejected from last Saturday's 42-28 victory over Arizona State after lowering his head and hitting Sun Devils quarterback Taylor Kelly in the helmet with less than seven minutes remaining to play.
Stanford coach David Shaw said Tuesday that Reynolds did not argue the call and has since expressed remorse for the hit.
Shaw agreed with the penalty, saying the punishment is necessary to discourage that activity in college football.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 2 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos