Baylor's Dixon arrested on assault charge
Baylor defensive back Ahmad Dixon was arrested Thursday and charged with misdemeanor assault, Waco police confirmed to ESPN.com.
According to Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton, Dixon was at a friend's apartment on Sept. 16 and accused a 21-year-old man of breaking into Dixon's former apartment several months ago at the same complex. After the man said he didn't do it and laughed, Dixon began punching him in the face, possibly giving the man a concussion, according to Swanton.
The man waited a day to report the alleged assault because of threats made by Dixon, Swanton said. Dixon was booked into the McLennan County Jail & Detention Center and posted bond Thursday afternoon.
"We're aware of the situation and it will be handled internally, as is our practice," Baylor spokesman Heath Nielsen said Friday.
A three-year starter, Dixon is third on the Bears with 17 tackles this season.
No. 19 Baylor (3-0) is off this week and hosts West Virginia next weekend in Waco.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos