QB Armstrong given start again for Nebraska
Tommy Armstrong Jr. will make his second straight start in place of the injured Taylor Martinez when Nebraska hosts Illinois in its Big Ten opener Saturday.
Coach Bo Pelini said after Thursday's practice that Martinez hasn't progressed enough in his recovery from an injury to his left big toe.
Armstrong, a redshirt freshman, and fifth-year senior Ron Kellogg III split playing time evenly in the Cornhuskers' 59-20 win against South Dakota State on Sept. 21. The Huskers didn't have a game last week.
Martinez continues to battle turf toe, an injury marked by painful bruising at the base of the toe. Turf toe can become chronic if not allowed to fully heal.
Martinez hasn't played or practiced since the Sept. 14 game against UCLA.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 54 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 59 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
5 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
54 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos