Miami of Ohio fires Treadwell after 0-5 start
Miami of Ohio fired coach Don Treadwell on Sunday, a day after the RedHawks fell to 0-5 with a 21-9 loss at home to Central Michigan.
OXFORD, Ohio -- Miami of Ohio fired coach Don Treadwell on Sunday, a day after the RedHawks fell to 0-5 with a 21-9 loss at home to Central Michigan.
The school appointed Mike Bath interim coach. Offensive coordinator John Klacik was also fired.
Treadwell went 8-21 at his alma mater. He decided to go to a run-based offense this season, and it didn't work out at all, setting up repeated blowouts.
The RedHawks have lost to Marshall 52-14, to Kentucky 41-7, to Cincinnati 14-0 and to Illinois 50-14. The RedHawks play at Massachusetts next Saturday.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 23 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos