Oklahoma LB Nelson has surgery to fix pec
Oklahoma linebacker Corey Nelson will undergo surgery to repair a partially torn pectoral muscle, which will likely force him to miss the rest of his senior season.
Nelson, a defensive captain, suffered the injury Saturday in Oklahoma's 20-17 win over TCU. Coach Bob Stoops said the procedure would take place Tuesday.
Nelson's 27 tackles are second-most on the Sooners, who play Texas on Saturday. Nelson also returned an interception for a touchdown on the opening series of Oklahoma's win at Notre Dame two weeks ago.
The Sooners, who struggled defensively last season, currently have the No. 1 defense in the Big 12.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos