Auburn's Johnson: McKinzy just has stinger
Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson says linebacker Cassanova McKinzy's status is uncertain for the Western Carolina game.
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson says linebacker Cassanova McKinzy's status is uncertain for the Western Carolina game.
Johnson said Sunday that McKinzy sustained a stinger or a "pretty serious neck sprain" and that the medical staff wanted to evaluate him again after 48 hours. He says McKinzy participated in the Tigers' light, non-contact practice Sunday night but his neck was "real sore." They're off Monday.
McKinzy appeared to collide with Rebels quarterback Bo Wallace and remained down on the field for several minutes after a play against Mississippi. He was placed on a flat board and taken to the hospital, but returned to the sidelines wearing a neck brace and street clothes.
McKinzy is third on the team with 23 tackles.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 55 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
55 min ago
- Milder Monday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos