Heels' Tabb suspended for half vs. Canes
North Carolina's Jack Tabb will be suspended for the first half of next week's game against No. 13 Miami following his ejection in the weekend loss at Virginia Tech.
Tabb is a tight end who started at linebacker against the Hokies and played both ways Saturday. But he was ejected with 4 minutes left for throwing a punch during a kickoff return.
On Monday, team spokesman Kevin Best announced the suspension required by NCAA rules after the school had conferred with the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Tabb had just come back from a two-game suspension for breaking team rules.
The Tar Heels (1-4, 0-2 ACC) host the Hurricanes in a Thursday night game on Oct. 17.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 3 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 6 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos