Rape charges dropped against ex-Temple LB
All charges have been dropped against a former member of Temple University's football team who was accused of rape.
PHILADELPHIA -- All charges have been dropped against a former member of Temple's football team who was accused of rape.
Attorneys for 20-year-old Praise Martin-Oguike said the charges were dismissed as jury selection was to begin Monday.
The woman told police Martin-Oguike assaulted her in May 2012 in his dorm room. Martin-Oguike said the encounter was consensual.
Martin-Oguike's attorney James Funt said charges were dropped after a review of the woman's text messages with her friends indicated she was not truthful about being raped.
Funt said the former Temple linebacker was victimized by the woman "simply because he would not agree to have a romantic long-term relationship with her."
Martin-Oguike was suspended from the team after he was charged. He now attends a New Jersey community college.
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 41 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 28 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos