Source: Playoff selectors named next week
The College Football Playoff selection committee will be officially announced next Wednesday in Dallas, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
The College Football Playoff's 13-member selection committee will be officially announced next Wednesday in Dallas, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.
ESPN and The Associated Press last week identified the 13 members as Barry Alvarez, Mike Gould, Pat Haden, Tom Jernstedt, Jeff Long, Oliver Luck, Archie Manning, Tom Osborne, Dan Radakovich, Condoleezza Rice, Mike Tranghese, Steve Wieberg and Tyrone Willingham.
The committee will be responsible for selecting the four teams that advance to the College Football Playoff beginning after the 2014 regular season, as well as ranking and placing at-large teams in the noncontract New Year's Day bowls (Cotton, Fiesta and Chick-fil-A).
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 8 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 30 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos