Va. Tech, Ohio St. to play Labor Day in '15
Virginia Tech and Ohio State have agreed to move the return game of their football home-and-home series in 2015 to Labor Day night on Sept. 7, the two schools announced on Thursday.
Virginia Tech and Ohio State have agreed to move the return game of their home-and-home series in 2015 to Labor Day night on Sept. 7, the schools announced Thursday.
The game will be televised nationally by ESPN and will be played at Lane Stadium. The game had been set for Sept. 26, 2015. Tech and OSU will meet next season on Sept. 20 in Columbus.
Virginia Tech and Tennessee are expected to announce on Monday that they will play a game in 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway, where a record crowd of 160,000 could be in attendance.
Moving the Ohio State game had a trickle-down effect on the rest of Virginia Tech's 2015 nonconference schedule. The Hokies' home game against Furman has been moved from Sept. 19 to Sept. 12, and Tech's game at East Carolina went from Sept. 12 to Sept. 19.
The 2015 Labor Day Monday night game will mark the 11th year an ACC team or teams has filled the coveted time slot for ABC or ESPN. That includes every year but the 2008 season since the ACC began its Labor Day Monday game in 2004.
This also marks Virginia Tech's third appearance on Labor Day Monday night. The Hokies played Boise State at FedEx Field in Landover, Md., in 2010, losing 33-30, and hosted Georgia Tech in 2012, winning 20-17 in overtime. Ohio State's appearance marks the second time an ACC team has faced a nonconference opponent in the game. The Virginia Tech-Boise State contest was the first.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 14 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 29 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos