Vols RB Lane should return; Maggitt still out
Tennessee running back Marlin Lane is expected to play Saturday against No. 11 South Carolina after missing one game with a foot injury.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee running back Marlin Lane is expected to play Saturday against No. 11 South Carolina after missing one game with a foot injury.
Linebacker Curt Maggitt, however, remains sidelined and might have to redshirt this season.
Lane practiced during Tennessee's off week and worked out Tuesday in a green non-contact jersey. He has rushed for 280 yards and four touchdowns on 45 carries this season.
Maggitt hasn't played since tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee last November. Tennessee coach Butch Jones said Tuesday that "we're not expecting him to play this year."
Wide receiver/kick returner Devrin Young practiced in a green jersey Tuesday after missing five games with a broken hand. Jones said "we'll see how he progresses" this week before determining his availability for Saturday's game.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos