NCAA reinstates Alabama safety Clinton-Dix
Alabama starting safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been reinstated from his suspension after being notified by the NCAA that he was once again eligible to play, the school announced Friday.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama starting safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been reinstated from his two-game suspension after being notified by the NCAA that he is again eligible to play, the school announced Friday.
Clinton-Dix, a junior, was suspended after accepting a loan of less than $500 from a member of the Alabama strength and conditioning staff, ESPN.com learned. The staffer, Corey Harris, was put on administrative leave for his involvement.
"The NCAA notified The University of Alabama late Friday afternoon that junior safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been reinstated and is eligible for competition after serving a two-game suspension," a statement from Alabama said.
A talented underclassman with excellent range and ball skills, Clinton-Dix is No. 18 on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He was second on the team with 24 tackles and two pass breakups before his suspension.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 18 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 55 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
55 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos