Ole Miss TE Engram (ankle) out for season
Mississippi tight end Evan Engram will have season-ending surgery on his left ankle.
OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi tight end Evan Engram will have season-ending surgery on his left ankle.
The school announced Engram's injury and surgery one day after the Powder Springs, Ga., player caught two passes for 28 yards in the Rebels' 27-24 upset victory over No. 6 LSU. The injury -- which the school called a high ankle sprain -- happened in the second half, though it was not immediately clear how it occurred.
The 6-foot-3, 217-pound Engram was a major surprise for the Rebels so far this season as a true freshman. He rose up the depth chart quickly during preseason camp and is fourth on the team with 20 catches for 265 yards and three touchdowns.
Ole Miss (4-3, 2-3 Southeastern Conference) will host Idaho (1-6) on Saturday at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 17 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 24 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos